Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mmmmmm Bacon Grease

I was working on the pile of dishes I had accumulated last night, a rarity as many of you know. Andrew came and asked for a drink of juice.

"Just a minute," I told him.

But he was not to be deterred. He looked on the counter by the stove. "Why wait for for mom when there is a perfectly good cup of juice just sitting right there," he thought.

I turned around just in time to see it happen. He grabbed the cup and took a gulp. Instead of apple juice he had grabbed a cup of bacon grease. He looked at me, both shocked and sad and then swallowed. As soon as he could open his mouth again he was crying and saying "yuck".

Luckily, it was completely cool, so there were no burns. I quickly got him a cup with real juice in it, laughing hysterically the whole time. Flay and I got quite the laugh out of the whole thing, and we got more calories down him in one swig then we probably had all night in trying to get him to eat his dinner.

1 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

Poor Andrew...I can just see it happening and hearing your great laugh. Have I mentioned lately that we miss you? I love that you have a blog!