Monday, February 11, 2008

Yes We Can

I saw this video and had to post it. It is one of the best political speeches of my adult life, second only to Tony Blair's after the 9/11 attacks. This video was made by one of the singers from the band, The Black-Eyed Peas. It was done without the knowledge of the Obama campaign, just as a way to express what the artist felt as he listed to the featured speech.

http://my.barackobama.com/yeswecan

It gives me such hope that a religous liberal (an oxymoran if ever I heard one) could really take on the Washington establishment and some of the most pressing issues of the day. Social Security, education, the environment, health care, our tarnished world reputation, the deep social and economic divisions in our population and immigration.

The apostles of the LDS church have asked us to use the "new medias" to express our views and beliefs. While I am not the most dilligant in this, I strongly felt that I should speak up for a man in whose cause I believe. This is the first politician who I've ever really been excited about. Before it has always seemed like I was choosing between the best of two evils. Good luck Sen. Obama.

1 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

Jenn, I'm glad you're in favor of him. Maybe you can be the one to actually tell me what he stands for. I've spent all this time listening to Yes, We Can and all his other speeches and I still can't figure out what he's planning on doing or how he's going to get it done. You know me and politics.