Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Why?!

Andrew has learned a new work...Why. I have to say that it comes as a bit of a relief since it was well past time for him to start questioning my every decision. Here is the recap from today...

Me: We're having pizza tonight.
Him: Why?
Me: Because daddy wants it.
Him: Why?
Me: Because he likes it.
Him: Oh

Me: It's time for bed.
Him: Why?
Me: Because we go to bed every night.
Him: Why?
Me: Because mommy and daddy are tired.

Me: I need to go potty.
Him: Why?
Me: Because I do.
Him: Oh. I go potty too.
Me: Great.

I know that in 2 weeks I will be hating this, but for right now I think it is adorable. It also makes me feel good that he is seeing that there are reasons why we do things. I guess the arguing is the next step. He also spent all day saying, "oh man" every time I told him something he didn't like or whenever Ashley did something to annoy him. He said it a lot today!

8 comments:

R A C H A E L said...

Andy is awesome. I think it is adorable, and Oh Man!! I don't know why but it just sounds so Andrew! Zoey still isn't questioning me. She just says no, or my new favorite, this morning she said, "Sewiouswy?" When I asked her to get her shoes on for pre-school.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!! 'Why' is sucha good thing - it means they trust you for the right answer. I hope they always ask why even when it's not as cute as Andrew does it!

The Peterson Life said...

I can't wait to see the kids. "Andy" is going to be a totally different being since March - no longer Ish, no longer Andrew. Ramona's overused word / sound is "Whoa"! I'm calling it a word because she doesn't say much. :)

Tamzen Fleming said...

Cute. The why phase is cute - at that age. :) I love the sweater pic. He looks just as cute as he did in his sweater at the park the other day. What a little man.

Berly said...

Nicole has also started the why thing. I know they have been practicing that at speech, so I understand but it drives me nuts. Hey but there is a silver lining, they aren't looking at us the glazed over look they gave us last year. YAY for Andy.

Steve & Paula Leishman said...

unfortunately everything starts out really cute and then...well, after the questions come the questioning everything you do. It's great fun! He really is growing up a lot and it's fun to hear him really starting to process the world around him!

Anonymous said...

hi miss jen :) i just wanted to check in and say 3 things...
1. you kiddos are adorable!
2. you have a beautiful family.
3. we need to move by each other.
4. i sure do love you!

i added an extra one because i love you :)

Rachel said...

This blog reminds me of when we, as moms, love when are children first start to say "mommy". Now I would really love a break from that word every now and then. It's always used in a very loud drawn out way followed by a "so and so is touching, laughing, looking, or talking to me". Enjoy the good days of the cute words!