Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving. Flay's brother Jay, his wife Steph and their little girl Ramona came out to visit. We kept really busy and the kids had a great time. It was a fun week.

My picture-perfect rolls.

Flay and Jay attempting to deep-fry a turkey. Both Steph and I checked to make sure they were going to do it in the empty lot next door. Good thing as you can see the 425 degree oil splashing everywhere.

The finished product. I have to admit to being a little nervous when they brought that in, but it actually tasted really good. We had made a second turkey for gravy and stuffing, so it would have been ok if it hadn't. Luckily there was tons of meat to go around.

Our friends the Pullmans came over for Thanksgiving dinner and brought their Wii. It was quite the hit with both the adults and the kids. I love how hard we are all focusing. Santa will definitely be leaving one of those under our tree. I must say it felt way better to play that then just veg out on the couch! It was a great time and a fun Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

Berly said...

Your rolls look so good. I try and take pictures of my food and it doens't look that good. WHY? Maybe mine isn't as good?

jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a great time!!!! I knew you'd pull off something amazing! Thanks for the 'love' and well...'next time'. I'm glad you LOVED the wii - it can get a little addicting when everyone wants to play! :)

Robin said...

Looks like a successful Thanksgiving. I think I want to fry a turkey for Christmas.

R A C H A E L said...

It was a great Thanksgiving! Thanks for having us! I wish we would have videoed Damon doing the hammerthrow.

The Peterson Life said...

Thanks again for having us! We had a great time, and the rolls were as good as they look in the picture!

I posted under Jay's email at first on accident.

Rachel said...

Okay, those rolls look mouth watering (really not nice to post such good looking rolls, now I might accidentally eat something).