So we got Andrew a new bike. I had been procrastinating it because I was hoping to pick one up cheap at a yard sale, but no luck. So I shelled out the money for a brand new Thomas the Train bike. Andrew loved it and was so excited. He has been riding it, but isn't nearly as fast on it as he was on his tricycle.
I took these pictures and thought, oh he looks like a little missionary, minus the pants of course. I thought how cute he would be and how much I hoped he would make the choice to go on a mission. Hopefully by then he will have ditched the training wheels and Thomas bike, but he will still be my little boy.

Then I looked at this picture of his giant head in his bike helmet, and all I could think about was Lord Dark Helmet from Spaceballs. His head is huge! We couldn't get him the cute little kids helmets, we had to get him the age 8 helmet. That is a big head.
Now Ashley wants to ride the Thomas bike too, but her feet don't even reach the pedals on the tricycle, so it's going to be a while. I love this short, stumpy phase where they think they are tiny adults. I just wish she didn't talk back so much. I'll post a video of her soon.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Andy's New Bike
Posted by jenn and flay at 7:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Looking at the pictures and reading what you wrote made me laugh 'cause all I could think about is how funny the missionaries would look if they rode around without any pants on!
he does look like a little missionary! Love the Spaceballs insert. Didn't we see that at one of your birthday parties (or maybe it was someone else's) I do remember seeing Bill and Ted at one of yours! I am sure all the missionaries are jealous that he gets to ride pantless on a Thomas bike :o)
ha, ha, too cute. i've definitely seen that missionary pantless a few times! i think ash is a gorgeous little girl, btw
The missinary pants comment and spaceballs comment made me laugh. You always have something funny to say.
How exciting for Andrew. These are some big moments in their little lives. Love the no pants look and that picture of Ashley at the end is beautiful. She is such a beautiful little girl.
Dark helmet...so funny!! I have kids with huge heads, too...and mine, not so small either. Lots of brains, or something like that!!
Hey, you guys are looking great. We miss you guys too. We are just getting into this blogging thing thanks to tracie, so be looking to hear from us more often. You have great pics posted.
jen!
if i could get my head on straight i'd send you a card, like i've been meaning to do, but no, i'm so behind on EVERYTHING!
but thank you for your way too sweet letter...I LOVE YOU TOO!
love, your chewy :)
Post a Comment