Monday, July 28, 2008

You Have Got to be Kidding Me

Ashley has decided she is ready to potty train. At 19 months, however, I am no where near ready to potty train her. She tells me everytime she pees, and if she can takes her diaper off. When she poops at home she tells me and then usually goes and lays down until I change her.

I have no ambition to try and potty train her, but will give it a shot in a couple months if she is still asking.

So Sunday morning I was getting ready for church. Flay got her out of the bath and had gone down stairs to get her diaper while I ironed her dress. She was running around my closet naked. All of a sudden I hear, "mom....poos". I don't react for a minute, until I remember she is naked. Gross.

I seriously never planned to be a stay-at-home mom. I love my kids, but this is not exactly what I wanted to do for the most productive years of my adult life.

So after this Sunday I am now going to give potty training a legitimate try once school starts. I guess after Andrew I should be greatful, but that's hard to do right now.

3 comments:

Berly said...

Kaylee was potty trained at 22 months because she was ready. I woul atleast wait until Andrew is in school and you have the new routine under way and under control. But, good for little Ahsley.

The Peterson Life said...

oh no. another thing to not look forward to! Hope everything is going good. We are planning a trip to visit over thanksgiving (maybe Flay mentioned it). :)

R A C H A E L said...

Ahh, the joys of motherhood. Just when you figure out one, you recieve another that is just the opposite. You are awesome! And just think, NO MORE DIAPERS!!! (admit it, that sounds really appealing...)