Sunday, June 29, 2008

Death by Chocolate

This weekend I was mindlessly cruising the internet when I came across I recipe I had to try. It was for an Italian sundae and the fudge sauce intrigued me so much I went to the store at 9:00 pm on Saturday night. The recipe is simple, 1 cup of REALLY good chocolate chopped and 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Put the chopped chocolate in a bowl, bring the cream to a boil, remove from heat, pour over chocolate and stir.So I sit here typing this feeling disgusting and naseaus from eating too much fudge. It was amazing. I got a couple of Lindt bars and it tasted like melted, rich candy bars. I probably ate a 1/4 cup of the stuff between what I put on ice cream and what I licked off of a spoon when my icecream was gone. Hands down the best fudge sauce I have ever had. Next time I am going to try a good milk chocolate as this one was sinfully rich.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Yuh-um! With my stress these days, this might be just the ticket. Thanks!

Tamzen Fleming said...

Um, hello! You're suppose to be a good neighbor and call me up when you make something that yummy so I can help you "try" it! :)

Rachel said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful!

Hans and Michelle said...

You are definately one person I trust with Chocolate recipes. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I'll be making this tonight.

Mom