Monday, June 9, 2008

My College Roomate Reunion

I don't know why it took us 9 years to make this happen. We've talked about doing it forever. Finally we managed to all get together in Las Vegas. Since most of them are from there originally, many had places to stay. We got to stay with Jennifer's family and their house was amazing. We had a great time. When it was time to go Andrew screamed and cried to go back to the "white house" and "play with Henry". Ashley got her first pedi and loved playing in the pool with her newly painted toes.
Andy loved the pool at the house. It had an awesome baby pool that the kids loved playing in. It looked amazing and once Andy and Ashley realized how much fun it was, I couldn't get them out. They even went skinny dipping the last night. My sister Tiff was in town with her friends and she came and hung out with us at the pool.
On Friday night just the girls went out for dinner at the cheesecake factory. I was so lucky to have an awesome group of girlfriends for the entire time I was in college. That is a rarity at BYU, along with the fact that we all graduated. It was a great time and I loved catching up with all my friends. By the time we left, the kids and I were exhausted. They played non-stop and I think everyone had a great time. I can't wait to do it again next year.
There were 16 kids there! Not all the babies made it into the picture. They reminded me of a pack of wild animals, and when it was time to eat they were like a plague of locusts. They came with the sound and the fury and devoured everything in sight...and then were gone leaving a trail of mess in their wake. All joking aside, I loved getting to know my friends' kids.

9 comments:

R A C H A E L said...

How fun! I love that pool! Must be nice to swim and not get blown away by the wind!

Berly said...

I was thinking the same thing that Rachael was - what an awesome pool. Maybe one day we will go to the pool and not get blown away.

Robin said...

I think you are very lucky to have such a close relationship with your roommates. if you were my roommate I would want to catch up with you too!

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! I'm glad you're back and had such a good time.

Anonymous said...

come back jen...come back! i miss you :(

Pierce Family said...

What fun!!! And what a nice pool. I can't believe that Andrew is getting so big! He looks so much older. So, may I suggest a reunion for us? We could go someplace really fun though I don't think I want the kids around. We'll have to discuss! Miss ya.

Robin said...

I tagged you on my blog today.

thanks for your help with girl's camp. You are wonderful!

R A C H A E L said...

You need to post something new. I am getting pool envy.

holcombe family said...

Jenn I had so so much fun seeing you. It has been too too long and I miss you so much already. I love you and hope to see you much sooner...six years is way too long! Stace