Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Our January of Illness/Injury Continues......

So I decided that based on everything we needed to get done medically, it would be best to just get it over with in one month. After all, if I planned for it, it wouldn't be that bad.

Well, first the kids got sick. But we muddled through that. I got some much needed arthritis shots in both knees over 3 weeks. A painful choice, but hopefully worth it over the next year.

Andrew's tonsils came out, and I had 7 cavities filled. All no fun, but better then expected. So as the month was coming to a close, of course we had to have an unplanned emergency. I was shopping on Saturday night and when I opened the door to a store, it ran over my foot. It actually slashed a huge rip in my shoe. I limped through the store, but by the time I had gotten my item the pain had become unbearable. It turns out I shattered the tip of my toe. I am going to the doctor to get a further diagnosis.

My poor toe is a deep purple and it hurts miserably. They actually had to give me a shot of morphine in the hospital just so they could do an examine of it. So i am hobbling around on crutches and my mom flew in the next morning to help with the kids. I am completely incapacitated, and the pain meds are pretty intense. Poor Flay had had to do a lot of the stuff I normally do, like getting up with the kids at night, because I just move too slowly.

I'll update when I know more. For right now I am mostly camped out on my couch not able to do anything. It is very humbling to be completely dependant on others for everything for myself and my kids. My mom has been a total lifesaver, or I don't know what I would do.

2 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

Jenn, that is so horrible. I wish we lived closer so I could help you out too. Your experiences remind me of the end of last year when my family went through a lot of illnesses and emergencies as well. Not fun!

Jeremiah Nielson said...

jenn!!!!! i'm so sorry about your toe, they are the most painful things to break. and what would we do without our mommies. i love you & hope things get better soon. love, court