Andrew had a field trip to the zoo with his preschool. Rachael and her kids met us there and we had a fun day looking at the animals. Andrew and Zoe ran the whole way through the zoo and we spent most of our day yelling at them to wait. Please note that Ashley has "her" YMCA soccer medal on. She has worn it for over a week now, and won't take it off. She has gone everywhere with it on and gets quite the laughs as it comes down almost to her knees.
This is Andrew trying to get the nerve up to feed the giraffes. He finally threw the cracker at them and said, "Catch" really loudly. There was a family standing there with teenagers who thought it was pretty funny.
He got a little braver when it came time to fee the baby giraffe, but still wussed out in the end. Ashley wanted nothing to do with them.
This is my favorite picture of Andy and Zoe. They would run from bench to bench and sit down instead of looking at the elephants. At the end of the day Andrew of course wanted to go see the elephants. Figures.
Ashley did get the nerve up to pet a baby wallaby and some goats. She loved looking at the animals, but was a little more apprehensive about actually touching them. What you can't see here is that she is only using one finger. We had a fun morning and the kids were exhausted by the time we got in the car.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
A Field Trip to the Zoo
Posted by jenn and flay at 8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I really need to come down to that zoo. I have a friend that takes her kids down to it every week. Must be a great zoo. I hear it's better than the Denver zoo.
It was a great zoo expedition. I love the pic of our little 'angels'. Liam and his cheetoo stogie is awesome! Hopefully next time the bears won't be sleeping...
I LOVE the story of Andrew throwing the cracker. That is hilarious and I can totally picture him doing it. Looks like a fun zoo...I wish I could feed the giraffes.
Post a Comment