Friday, May 30, 2008

The Infamous Thomas Cake

Andrew is obsessed with the Thomas cake at Kings Supers (the grocery store). So of course I payed up for the original one for his birthday. He hasn't been to the store with me since he started preschool, his last birthday.

Everyday he tells me that he wants daddy to bring home a Thomas cake. He prays for one EVERY day. So Flay took pity on him and bought the stuff so I could make one for him. Lucky me. So here is the sad little Thomas cake I made for him. It needed at least three layers, but I don't think cakes from cake mixes stack that well. Has this helped? No, quite the opposite. He is more obsessed then ever. Any suggestions?

10 comments:

The Peterson Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Peterson Life said...

No suggestions, but definitely impressed that you put that together. How come Flay didn't take pity on you to and pay someone else to make it? :)

R A C H A E L said...

Uhh, make a weekly Thomas cake as an incentive to have andrew not do (insert annoying child behavior here.) Thats all I've got.

Anonymous said...

what a good mom! Good for you!

jenn and flay said...

Oh yeah, the original one cost $85 and fed like 30-40 people.

Unknown said...

Hi Jenn- good job with the cake. We are taking Brooke on a 25 min train ride on Thomas to meet Sr. Topham Hatt. It starts at the Colorado Railroad Museum. Here is the link. (if the link doesn't work, just google colorado train museum thomas and it will pop up) http://www.crrm.org/thomas/dowt_main.html

Rachel said...

I think you did a great job! I would've loved to see the expression on his face when he saw this cake!

The Pierce Family said...

You never cease to impress me. The cake looks awesome. Wish you were still here so you could help me make Savannah's princess cake for her party.

Unknown said...

I just bought tickets for Nathan and Brooke to ride Thomas. I got them for Sept 13 at 8:30 a.m. You should have Flay take Andrew. :o) We need to come see you. How about next week? (thurs or fri?)

Hans and Michelle said...

I think you are completely nuts to make a cake like that. I mean, really? A thomas cake? That's why my kids are lucky to get cupcakes for their birthdays.