While some babies spent the weekend learning how to use forks, Ashley was busy learning how to use foil. That's right, she decided that instead of using the spoon, or letting me help, she would eat her applesauce with the foil top.
It took 20 minutes, and half of it is on the table/sweater/hair. The best part is how proud of herself she is.
And so of course, having already lost the Mom of the Year award, I just decided to take off her sweater and wipe her down. I had an awesome Spiritual Preparation class to go to at the church and I didn't have time to deal with her shenanigans, so she was a little sticky.
A few other notes from the weekend. Ashley demonstrated her amazing linguistic abilities by learning to say the word apple (it was on her shirt) with both syllables. Think "bap-el". She also felt a need to share how well she is speaking during relief society by shouting "more juice". She has also decided that she wants to run, but can't, so she walks as fast as she can with this hilarious halting gate.
I went to get into my bed, and right there six inches below my pillow was a pile of trains. As you go through my house you can always find little piles or lines of trains and cars. A couple of hours after the maids have left, they seem to reappear out of nowhere. They even go up to bed with Andrew. I think I will be a little sad when he finally outgrows the desire to pile all of his trains into my bed, or line my whole counter with a gigantic procession of them. He has been cracking me up with all of the new phrases he has learned. This weekend he told me I was wrong, and I came downstairs and he told me that Ashley had tried to bite daddy and needed to go in time out.
He and Ash have become the best little buddies. She follows him around like a dog, and if she has wondered off he yells for her, "Ash. Ash. Ash-ee. Ash-ee". And without fail off she runs off to find him. He teases her endlessly, chases her, hits her with his blanket, takes toys away from her, but ultimately he adores her. I am so happy to see how well they play together. All of this forced sharing has really paid off, and they play well together now.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Eating Applesauce
Posted by jenn and flay at 10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Very creative use of foil and the walk/run is hilarious.
She is just edible!!! LOVE her fish outfit. We'll come down to see you in a few weeks.
I am very impressed that Ashley is so imaginative. I never would have thought to use foil.
i think there is so much in watching our kids play together, it makes me realize how special sibling bonds are. love u!
Post a Comment