Sunday, April 6, 2008

I'm a Big Boy Now!

Finally, after much blood, sweat and tears we are 100% potty trained! During our trip to Mexico Andrew wore pull-ups the whole time and didn't use the potty once, which was fine with me due to a serious concern about cleanliness. The down side was that he totally reverted. He had never regularly pooped on the potty, but was 100% for peeing. When we got back he was not interested in the potty at all.

So I spent the rest of Spring Break potty training, and by the end he was 100% done. We have now been over a week with no accidents. When he went 3 days with no accidents Flay took him to Target and let him pick a toy. He picked this obnoxious truck that sings "YMCA" and makes all kinds of hideous noises. I could not be happier though. The SpongeBob jammies he got at the end of a week with no accidents. No price is too high to pay to have him potty trained!

4 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

Isn't it the best thing? Just one more to go for both of us.

Berly said...

YEAH for Andy. It is soooooo nice when it happens.

holcombe family said...

Congratulations! Big, big moment....right now I have two in diapers and it seems like there is some sort of odor in the house all of the time. Can't wait to see you.

Liz said...

Yeah! As a friend of mine once said, "I anxiously await the day when the only butt I am responsible for is my own!" One down! Good for you Jenn!