So here is the town where we went to see some famous potter. It gives you an idea of the level of poverty there.
This is me looking very bored and ready to go.
This is the train station where the women and children of the Mormon colonists were loaded onto trains to evacuate them to El Paso during the Mexican Revolution. That line is no longer functioning, but the station is still there.
Here are the sheep tacos that we had. One of my sister-in-laws asked if they had chicken, and was told no, only sheep. They are really small, and I got down two before I felt a little nauseous.
Here is me all loaded up and ready to come home. We made the drive in one shot, from Mexico to Colorado Springs in 15 hours. We turned the wrong way on our way to the border, and it took us about an hour to figure it out and get back to where we started. We only stopped twice, once in El Paso and once in Santa Fe, NM. I have never been so grateful to see home, even if it was at 11:30 pm. My bed felt wonderful, and we are all recovered and just about over the various colds and flus we all had.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Mexico Trip: The Final Installment
Posted by jenn and flay at 10:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow, the music, the descriptive writing, make me feel like I was there. Also so greatful that I was not...
What memories! The sheep tacos are making me a little sick just looking at the picture. You're definitely braver than I would have been. I'm glad everyone is feeling better.
Post a Comment