So I wasn't sure how to adequately pay homage to the trip we took. So I decided to spread it out over a couple of posts. There were several highs....
Andrew wanting to get in the pool and having a great time swimming.
Andrew playing with his cousins and running for hours
And several lows....
Ashley vomiting everyday, always in the car where we couldn't get away from it.
No heat and a seriously sketchy shower
And several new experiences...
Sheep tacos anyone?
No joke 10 people riding in the back of a pickup, with kids sitting on the wheel wells.
So here are pictures of us starting our trip at 6:30 am on Thursday. We had a pretty quick drive, other then some Ashley vomiting, lots of crying and the fact that it was 10 1/2 hours. We had fun that night saying hi to the cousins in El Paso and swimming at the hotel pool. It made me very excited for the pool this summer. Ashley couldn't go in as she was still having massive diarrhea. Those were fun diapers on the drive. We were all asleep by 8:30pm, but Ashley was really sick at this point and was up that night for 3 hours. At this point even Flay was a little rattled and throwing out ideas like, we can always drive home tommorrow and, why don't you just catch a flight and fly home with her. So those were the highlights of Day 1. I really want to spread this out for maximum enjoyment, so I will recap Day 2 later.






3 comments:
I am on the edge of my seat for the next installment!!
I can't wait to hear about it. CONGRATULATIONS-you made it sick kids and all.
I can not believe how you guys made it...you're much braver than I am. But it's hard to turn down Mexico!
Post a Comment