Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tagged..... and Finally Responding

So my friend Tracie tagged me a while ago and then Rachel did it, so I guess its time.

1. What is your Hubby's name?
Flay, its a family name
2. How long have your been married?
9 years next month. Ouch that's a long.
3. How long did you date?
A year and a 1/2 before we got engaged, and then a five month engagement.
4. How old is he?
33, an old man
5. Who eats more?
That is a tough one. I can give him a run for his money on desserts and anything good. Otherwise, him.
6. Who said I Love you First?
Me
7. Who is taller?
Him by 4 or 5 inches, less in shoes.
8. Who sings better?
Ick, no question me. He is SO tonedeaf its painful.
9. Who is smarter? We agree to disagree. I test better and read much faster, but he gets math in a way I never did. I retook statistics like 3 times and he took the advanced version and got an A.
10. Who temper is worse? Mine, no doubt. I have a short fuse, but am easily placated. He hardly ever gets upset, but when he does he means business.
11. Who does the laundry? He does. I have way more clothes then him, so I just wait until he needs clothes and then presto, the laundry is done.
12. Who does the dishes? I do, for now. I believe that you have children to do the dishes and weed the yard.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Me
14. Who pays the bills?
Me
15. Who mows the lawn?
Him. I will only do it with a push mower because I have the kids out there and he doesn't like how that looks.
16. Who cooks dinner? Me. I put him to work at the grill. He also makes great breakfasts on the weekends.
17. Who drives when together? Him, but I drove with both the kids cross country in my car the whole way.
18. Who is more stubborn?
Probably me.
19. Who is the first to admit they are wrong?
We both will cave in the face of substantiated facts, but otherwise its a draw.
20. Who parents do we visit most?
Mine. I go spend a month there in the summer.
21. Who Proposed?
He did
22. Who has more friends? Hands down me. He thinks I do nothing but hangout with friends all day. Its true, that I'd rather have a friend with me, whatever it is that I'm doing.
23. Who has more siblings? Depends on how you count them. He does if your talking originals, but my parents are remarried, so I have a bunch of steps.
24. Who wears the pants in the family? On most things me, but there are certain things that I don't mess with, like money. No doubt he's in charge there.

*******************************************

10 years ago... I was at BYU and dating Flay.

5 things on my to due list today
1. Finish painting Andrew's room. I'll post pictures when it is done. It was a huge project.
2. Go to the grocery store
3. Go to Old Navy
4. Go get some new sunglasses. My kids are constantly ruining mine.
5. Get some ribbon to make new hairbows for Ashley.

What I would do if I were suddenly a millionaire...Hard to say for sure. Travel WITHOUT children, get some hot new clothes, end up giving most of it to the budget nazi for savings. Sad but true.

Three bad Habits...
Diet Coke...I am trying to quit and have gone almost a month
Driving while talking on the cell phone. I view driving as the perfect time to call someone
Not keeping in touch....which is why I love blogs.

Six places I have lived...
Vienna, VA
Oakton, VA
Provo, Ut
Baltimore, Md (our mailing address was actually Baltimore before we bought our house)
Bel Air, Md
Colorado Springs, Co

5 jobs I have had...
The Gap...The best job to have in high school
My dad's company...I mostly messed around
nanny...ah, summer days spent at the pool and then you get to return the children and go home.
Target...too many to name
Mom..current job. Crappy pay but lots of job satisfaction...like working at a non-profit

5 things people don't know about me....

1. I HATE scarry movies. I never watch them. The Sixth Sense gave me nightmares for weeks.
2. I almost never watch TV, but love to have it on for the noise. There's always some kids DVD on at my house.
3. I never cooked and hated it until I got married. I fell in love with Martha Stewart and voila!
4. I got perfect scores on two sections of the ACT and only missed one on the third section. Math was my downfall.
5. My senior year of high school I never wore jeans to school. I loved dressing up. Now that I have kids I wear jeans everyday!

I tag Michelle, Kim and Laura.

6 comments:

Jeremiah Nielson said...

so so fun to get to know my jenny a little better! love u, courtney

R A C H A E L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
R A C H A E L said...

That was awesome. Look at you smarty pants! I got a 34 on the ACT too. I think I missed like 2 in each section or something. Aren't we fabulous...

Hans and Michelle said...

Me? Oh gosh. I'll get to it eventually!

Berly said...

WOW!! Smart, Smart, Smart. I never did good on those tests and was so surprised I got into BYU with a 21 ACT score. Yes, a 21!! OUCH!!I had a good GPA and could play my flute like a mad women, so I guess that is why I got accepted. That was fun to read and as always, made me laugh.

The Pierce Family said...

It's always nice to learn new things about your friends. I miss you! When are you coming for another visit? And how was your birthday?